How to begin having an item of bespoke furniture made
- Do you have an idea for a totally bespoke piece of oak furniture?
- Do you have a completely unique project that you would like to talk to us about?
- Have you seen something elsewhere that you like the look of and think we might be able to make it for you?
Then drop us a line or call us on +33 (0)2 43 09 63 70 – we will be very happy to hear your ideas.
Examples of Bespoke Projects
When do I contact you?
The simple answer to that is as early as you can! Our lead times can vary between 6 to 8 weeks and 10 to 12 weeks or longer and if you have a challenging bespoke project, we will need all the time we can get. So contact us as soon as your idea is born, and we can pencil you in.
Bespoke oak furniture – where to begin?
Some of you will know exactly what you want and may even have some drawings for us already. For those of you are not so sure, a few things that might help us get started are…
- One or two, or several images of something or things you have seen elsewhere.
- If you don’t have any images, a drawing (no matter how bad you think it is!) is always a good start. It just helps us begin to get a picture of what is in your mind.
- Do you have a particular space to fill?
- What are the maximum/minimum dimensions of your project?
- If you want storage, what kind of items will you be storing?
- What is access like to where you want your item to go?
- Where will you project be delivered to?
Once we do begin to have a good idea of your requirements, we can then move on to some pricing for you and send you an email with a free no obligation quotation. And once we’ve agreed on some pricing and you are sure you would like to go ahead, we will require a 50% deposit (see Ordering & Delivery for more details).
Scale drawings for your bespoke project
The next stage is to prepare some scale project drawings for you. We don’t have any fancy tech to help us with this – we prefer to put good old fashioned pencil to paper and do some head scratching instead. This stage really helps us to work out the measurements for all the pieces that will go into making your project. We may send several drawings to and fro and make quite a few amendments before we all finally agree on the design and dimensions. But this is where we need to focus a lot of attention, just to get everything exactly right for you. Only when you are totally happy with everything, will we order the timber for your project.
How is my project progressing?
We will already have agreed a timescale for your project – you may have a deadline to meet?
But as we progress, we will endeavour to take pictures of our progress and will send you any that may be of interest. We will also undoubtedly post any good pictures on social media too – we will point you in their direction as they happen.
Delivery of your project
We will contact you in plenty of time to arrange delivery of your handmade item. We may be able to deliver the item ourselves, or we may use our trusted courier depending on where you live. There may be 2 people to help with delivery, depending on the size of your project and location of delivery. We may ask for you to arrange for some extra muscle to help us on the day – or we can arrange for a two person white glove delivery if you wish, just let us know in plenty of time to arrange all the details for you.
What happens after delivery?
We will be in touch with you by email (unless of course we deliver in person) on the day of delivery to make sure everything has gone smoothly and that you are absolutely happy with everything. Thereafter we are always available for any advice or information or indeed to talk over any other ideas you may have in the pipeline!