How to decide what dining table size you will need
We can help you decide dining table size you will need with a chat over the phone or by email. We understand that everyone’s practical needs will be completely different. So here are a few questions that may help you in your decisions….
- What size space do you have available around your table?
- Are there doorways and cupboard openings to consider?
- What is the maximum space you have available?
- What is the maximum/minimum number of people you would like to seat
- How much space do you need to have around your table when the chairs are pushed in?
- What space do you need to have around your table when everyone is sitting down to eat?
- What is the width of the chairs you will be using?
- Do you have enough room available to add extending leaves?
- Would you like your bench to fit in between the legs of your table or to fit the length?
If you have any queries at all, no matter how small, we will be very happy to talk them over with you. Please phone on +33 (0) 2 43 09 63 70 or write to us by email or use our contact form. We will be delighted to hear from you.
Standard Dining Table Size
Our standard size tables are designed to seat one person at each short end of the table. Therefore, the remaining people will be seated along each long side. So to illustrate, on a 6 seat dining table – 1 person at each short end and two people on each long side. For an 8 seat dining table – 1 person at each short end and 3 people on each long side. For a 10 seat dining table – 1 person on each short end and 4 people along each short side, and so on…
Bespoke Dining Table Size
If you would like a different configuration of seating, it is no problem for us to adjust the dimensions of any of our tables. Just let us know the width of the chairs you will be using together with the number of people you would like to seat. We will be very happy to work out the dimensions for you.
We make all our dining tables to standard sizes to fit 6, 8, 10 or 12 seats. But we are also able to widen, shorten, lengthen any of our dimensions to your requirements. If you have awkward spaces to fill, we can reduce the dimensions of any of our tables. If you have too many guests for dinner and need to seat 12 or more, this is also perfectly possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your requirements.
Extending Dining Tables
It is possible to add removable extending leaves to our Contemporary Oak Dining table, Bespoke Oak Dining Table and Bespoke Oak Refectory Table. It is not possible to add extending leaves to our other table designs.