10 IDEAS FOR OFF-CUTS OF WOOD Do you have a slab of lovely oak lurking in your garage and can’t bear to burn or bin it? Do you have a left-over wood from your newly fitted kitchen worktop? Not sure what else it’s good for? Guest Blog Rosie Ellis of Artisan Central recently asked me…
Confused about Summer Opening hours in France ? For Brits visiting France, business opening hours can cause confusion and downright frustration. Not only do we have to contend with 2 hour lunch breaks, but whole weeks of closure for the holidays. The idea of 24/7 shopping and getting whatever you want, anytime, still hasn’t reached…
THE RENOVATION OF NOTRE DAME: AN ICON IN FLAMES It was an appalling and riveting sight to watch France’s beloved Notre Dame burn last Monday evening. The inferno that raged through the Cathedral for over 12 hours destroyed its’ spire and roof, but spared the iconic twin bell-towers. The shock and devastation at this awful…
I Love Old Woodworking Machines & Sawmills & Sawdust &……… Anyone who follows our Facebook page knows that I have an emerging passion for photographing old woodworking machines. So being one half of Makers Bespoke Furniture, I find it more than a little exciting every time we get to go to a sawmill, or a…
A Bespoke Oak Kitchen Earlier in the year I posted an article about the making of an oak kitchen island for a beautiful old manoir very near to us here in the Mayenne region. We also made an arched window for them with a wooden shutter. Our clients were thoroughly delighted with both their shaker…
I hope you like this short time-lapse film of us putting together a table top. Two minutes doesn’t really do justice to the actual 30 minutes of sheer physical effort that goes in to putting each of our table tops together.
- Scandinavian Tables : What is Scandi Style?
- Extending Table Leaves : How to Transform Your Dining Space
- A Yorkshire Kitchen Table
- The Modern Refectory Table
- Bespoke Chairs & Benches
- Bespoke Furniture Makers : Autumn in the Workshop
- How to turn a Doodle into a Bespoke item of Furniture
- In the workshop this week
- Large Oak Dining Tables
- A new Refectory Table
- Wood finishing: An oil tint recipe
- I Love Old Woodworking Machines
- 10 Ideas for Using Scraps of Oak
- A Bespoke Oak Kitchen for a French Manoir
- The Renovation of Notre Dame : Does France have enough Oak Trees?
- A Dining Table designed for small kitchen
Stay in touch on Facebook
To place an order or simply to ask for more information please email us or call us on + 33 (0)2 43 09 63 70